There are always so many things that I want to do. This year I have a lot of art-related tasks on my list. They're pretty vague (draw more)...which can be dangerous, but allows me a little room to breathe around the more specific ones (read 1 book per month).
You can go back and look at my list from last year. I reposted it a few weeks ago and let me tell you, nothing has changed. Nothing more has been crossed off. I think this was the least success I have had with crossing things off of my list, and I owe it all to a particularly hectic and disappointing year. Hopefully this year I will have a little bit more luck...and if not, maybe it will be because we have a particularly joyful year. One can hope.
- Take walks in nature.
- Work in the studio every day.
Establish a more rigid daily routine.
Read 1 book per month.
- Get makeup done.
- Try Dry Bar.
- Watch Gone With the Wind.
- Eat at Lucia.
- Learn more about the artists that I admire.
- See more art.
Eat at Dallas Grilled Cheese Co.
- Paint the studio.
- Host Craft Party: Brunch Edition.
Plant something we can eat.
- Kombucha. Steady supply. Make it happen.
House project of the year: nursery. Streamline and fine-tune my wardrobe.
- Work on my illustration techniques (for work).
Draw more. Meatless Monday.
- Knit or crochet 1 square per month to make a 12-square blanket by the end of the year.
- High-quality goodies only.
- Go to a hockey game.
Organize Kennedy's room. Become a "member" (ie the Perot Museum? Dallas Museum of Art? The Kimbell?)
- Go kayaking with Joy.
- Daily paintings.
Visit David's college, finally, because he's been wanting to take me there for so long now.
- Shoot some hoops with David.
- Girls' weekend (Austin?)
- Meet/socialize with local artists.
Take a class.
- Hang with my besties more often.