33 Things To Do Before I Turn 32
If you've followed my old blog in the past, before I got hooked up with this swanky site, you may remember my yearly to-do lists. Well, I didn't want to abandon that pitiful list, so I brought it over here. I thought it might be nice to have a little update with my progress so you guys can, you know, keep me accountable.
To refresh your (my) memory:
This year I want to live more fully, wholly, simply. I went back through my past lists and I found some things that I didn't do that I still want to do, so I added a few of those to the pile. Is that cheating? Heck no! It's my blog and I do what I want!
Plant something. Make it survive.
- Less Facebook, more face time.
- Master the hula hoop.
- Go to the drive-in.
- Learn to two-step.
- Fiddle more.
- Read some of the books I have acquired but not read.
- Volunteer for something.
- Make an apple pie.
Finish my website. Get a new tattoo.
- Take a ride in the karaoke cab.
- Acquire rainboots.
Smoke a cigar.
- Visit at least 1 art exhibit/gallery per quarter.
- Fill up the empty sketchbooks in my box of sketchbooks (there are a lot!)
- Figure drawing : specifically hands and feet. (Things most artists need to work on.)
Visit the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
- Go camping.
- Attend a coffee cupping class.
- Bring reusable bags to the grocery store.
Bring lunch to work more often.
- Be in nature more.
- Find a hobby or past time to share with Kennedy.
Acquire some more vinyl for my new record player. Try more of my collected recipes.
- Get Kennedy and David to drink more water.
Befriend more people in Arlington. Set up my studio space. Work on making our new house lovely and a true expression of us.